Friday, January 15, 2010

Back into high gear

Spring semester is finally underway. I was beginning to feel useless again, but I am back in class and have returned to my element. I'm taking Comp II with the same great professor I had for Comp I. This time it's a full term class, so it won't be so much work all at one time. My other classes are Computer Science (lame), Music Appreciation (unsure of the level of lame), and Spanish 2001 and 2002. The latter three classes are half term, so there is quite a bit going on. The Spanish is a little over my head, but as my memory jogs with each assignment I see some improvement. I just need to pass with an A, is that so much to ask of myself? I wasn't eligible for Hope Scholarship this semester. My GPA is back up, but I haven't attempted enough credit hours since I lost it. My finaid advisor told me I can get it next semester, which will be awesome!

I am so proud of this next bit of news. Christopher is now enrolled in Darton as well! His major is Health and Physical Education. For those of you that know him, is it not a great career choice for him? He'll get to play all day long! Plus, we might be able to one day get a job at the same school, making life easier. See how we plan? Genius! He will be starting half-time on March 4th, so everyone wish him luck. I think he is a bit nervous.

I have started an event coordinator business. It's unofficial at this point, but I did have my first event last weekend. It was so great. I did a studio/gallery opening for Ana Edwards Photography. She bought a new place, and it is GORGEOUS! Seriously, check it out. It's located on 109 Branchview in Leesburg, GA. The party was a hit, and I met a lot of really great people. I had a blast. Even if I hadn't been the coordinator I probably would have gone and had so much fun. I made some KILLER double lemon cookies. I mean Betty Crocker herself would have been jealous at my mad skills. Anyway, my business is Elegant Events, and I truly am the best. Hire me. Tell your friends. You will not be disappointed. I really should make a facebook for it in order to network a little. Maybe that can happen this weekend. I'm a busy bee!

Gavin is back in daycare. He is now 10 months old and such a big boy! He eats generally what we eat every night. Last night we had sloppy joes and the night before was shepherd's pie. He makes a HUGE mess, but he's learning! Tonight we're having ribeyes and twice baked potatoes so he'll have to eat some Gerber Stage 3 unfortunately... but I'm sure I will sneak him some potato. He has 4 teeth, the bottom middle 2, and now the canines... it's pretty funny. My little vampire man!!! I'll get some pictures up soon. Well, I'm sure there's something else I ought to be doing. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions, Suggestions, Reactions... Take it away!